Monday, September 8, 2008

Turning off the lights

As a world society, we have leaped into a new paradigm of environmental responsibility and stewardship. While we still have a long way to go, issues of global warming and natural resource exhaustion has created a dialogue to be environmentally aware of our impact on the Earth.

Although the conversations about environmentalism is heard just about daily, I have noticed that some are not practicing what they preach. I do not expect everyone to be perfect. I will be the first to admit my faults and failures in trying to reduce my carbon footprint. However, please take the extra two seconds and turn off the lights behind you when you leave your home or studio; throw the paper away in the recycling container instead of the trash; ride a bike or take the bus instead of driving.

It is time for all of us to practice what we preach. Seriously, turn out the lights when you leave the room.

No comments: